Monday, January 27, 2014

Disney Frozen Theme Party: Our Behind the Scene Story

My daughter celebrated her 7th birthday last Saturday, January 25 and the party was a huge hit with guests! The food, the decor, the entertainment were all being raved about even after the party. Most importantly, the celebrant herself gleamed with happiness! :)
It was really overwhelming to receive positive comments and praises because this celebration was truly a labor of love. 

Just a background story. The original theme was Under the Sea, my daughter being such a fan of the adventurous Ariel the mermaid. So here's the inspiration board I created for the suppliers as early as November last year. The concept actually got across the suppliers already. 





Aren't they the daintiest? Can I just say how much I appreciate Google and Pinterest on occasion like this? It's got all the inspiration and guide you need to conceptualize a creative party.

Anyway, on with the story. Late November, my kids found out about Disney's Frozen. We were able to watch it a few weeks after it's opening night but even before that my daughter already memorized Let It Go, thanks to YouTube. When we finally got to watch it on big screen I remember her whispering, 'There it is Mommy, I get to see it without stopping (she meant buffering :)).

So, the Under The Sea theme was totally scrapped. After the movie, she wants a Disney Frozen theme with matching snow. Ayayay!

source
First on the to-do list was find inspiration for this party theme so I went back to Google and Pinterest for concepts on winter theme parties. You see, the idea is it has to be winter-y but not Christmas-y and the colors of Anna, Elsa's sister, has to be incorporated. 
Once I have the new inspiration board, I emailed and contacted all suppliers to tell them of changes. It was almost Christmas then and some suppliers are on holiday mode or already out on vacation but they responded promptly to my emails and texts. 
I'm so glad I stuck with suppliers who are easy to deal with because we have to go through colors of the table cloth and napkins, the flowers, cake and cupcakes design and all the itsy bitsy details al lover again. 
I'm a working mom and only have weekends and after work to take care of the preps so I need suppliers who immediately respond and follow through. 

source

More of our inspiration board. I wanted the stage to be a little different than what we usually see in birthdays and I'm so in love with all the decors at Kara's Party Ideas. Of course, eventhing has to sparkle. 
source
source
source
Disney's Frozen is new and already a big hit with kids and adults alike. Being fairly new, it was hard to find supplies locally that goes with the theme. After several days of checking online, I finally found one onlin shop that sells a few Frozen stuff. For the rest of decor, we decided to DIY so except for the balloons, everything was labor of love from family and friends from the candy buffet to the icicles on the stage. Her gown was, of course, made by her very talented lola Ninfa (my mom).

I'll share more of the pics of the actual party next time. Have a wonderful Monday everyone.

Related Posts with Thumbnails