Thursday, July 1, 2010

Cebu in a Day

Wow! It's been a while since I last visited my blog. The GMA 60th Anniversary Special and other work stuff kept me busy lately. Anyway, while I was out, I was out of town also.

Went to Cebu last June 19, and came back to Manila the day after. Talk about quick getaway :) Got an invitation from my cousin to attend her daughter's (my niece Tricia) debut in Midtown Hotel in Fuente Osmeña.What's nice about the place is that it's near downtown, Magellan's Cross and Sto. Niño church. Downside, it's quite far from the airport, felt this especially since my flight back to Manila was only my second time to travel alone :(
But no regrets. I knew I needed to reconnect with the old spontaneous me and my naturally lakwachera self. This is one thing I definitely agree that moms should do, have some ME time and never feel guilty about doing what you really love as long as you're spending quality time with your family. For sanity sake.
So,even if the invitation came only Thursday (June 17) and the event was Saturday (June 19) already plus the fact that I wasn't able to get a budget airfare due to last minute arrangement, I enjoyed that travel. Also, I missed my relatives so much since almost all of them are either in Bacolod, Cebu and Ormoc, we don't get to reunite much unless there's a special occasion. By the way, it was a surprise birthday party so imagine my niece' reaction when she saw us came in (my Titas flew from Bacolod City also). I knew I couldn't miss the moment.
Another reason to go to Cebu: to finally get my picture taken beside the Magellan's Cross :0 Imagine, been to Cebu a few times already but I still don't have that souvenir? My bonus is that I was able to attend mass at Sto. Niño church or the Basilica Minore del Sto. Niño and, of course, made a wish since it's my first time to enter the Basilica. We decided to skipped the touching of the Sto. Niño part (oldest relic in the Phils. mind you) since the line was spiraling all around the church and I have a flight to catch. It's a nice church, tough, reminds me of Binondo and Quiapo churches. Although I didn't understand 70% of the mass being said in Cebuano, I felt the solemnity of it and I admired how good Cebuanos really are at singing.


After that little trip, I had to go back home in time for Father's Day celebration with Stephen and the kids. Bought Sophie a ukelele from the airport and Sam a shirt with I Love Dad design which I bought from SM Cebu. Suhol kumbaga :) Back home, we had pizza and chicken dinner since it's been raining in Manila all day. It maybe a simple dinner but with Sophie, it's already a party, anything that includes all four of us eating together plus a yummy dinner is a party for her :)

p.s.: thanks Working Filipino Moms for following :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails