Saturday, November 10, 2012

Recipe Share : Beef and Beans

A bag of red beans has beed sitting in our fridge for I don't know how long. I already forgot when and why I bought those beans, as weight for the pie or to replicate my FIL's pata beans (he makes really good Pata beans). 
since it was holiday last week, I found the perfect time to make beef and beans. I'm not very good at recreating Mexican dish and so I experimented with spices because I know if I put in the basic tomato sauce and soy sauce, it can taste like any tomato-basef dish. So here are  what I used:

250 g. red beans, boiled until cooked
1/2 k. ground  lean beef
3 gloves garlic, chopped
1 onion, julienne
1 cup of canned peeled tomatoes, you can include the juice
3-4 tbsps. soy sauce
2 tsps. paprika, you can add more if you want
1/2 tsp. cumin, for heat
salt and pepper to taste
1 small cabbage, thinly sliced

What to do:
1. saute garlic and onion in a pan with 2tbsps. hot oil.
2. add in beef and cook until brown. add the tomatoes and soy sauce and simmer for a minute or two.
3. add the beans and spices and simmer some more
4. mix half a cup of cabbage, turn off fire.
the paprika and cumin , even just a few tsps into the dish makes a lot of difference. 
top with fresh cabbage and it's ready to serve. perfect with corn tortillas or rice. happy weekend!

3 comments:

anney said...

I think mas gusto ko yan sa tortillas! Yum Yum!

ZaiZai said...

Looks yummy! Seems easy to prepare too - will try this one of these days :))

janakidiary said...

@anney -Yup, mas panalo sa tortillas with cheese :)
@zai - super easy and something different naman.

Related Posts with Thumbnails