Thursday, March 21, 2013

Blessed at 37

March 19, the day I officially turned a year older. I'm 37 years and 2 days old today. Big number as I look at it but come to think of it those years made me so much wiser and brought countless blessings that never ceases to overwhelm. The past weeks alone presented an array of beautiful surprises:

 - A text from Sam's teacher saying that my son got a perfect score in his assessment exam. One proud and teary-eyed mama here :) Despite the limited time to review because Ate also needs to review, he excelled in his exam.

- An impromptu thanksgiving activity. I feel the need to give back more this year as thanksgiving for my dad's recovery, the countless blessings, kids' good grades in school, etc. An email from a co-worker asking to help orphans of Tahanan ng Pagmamahal was the answer to that wish.

Tahanan ng Pagmamahal houses orphans and sends them to school. Under their their care are babies, toddlers and teenagers whose parents can either no longer provide for them or just abandoned them. That day we met the girls of the orphange. What I like about helping these kids is that they are school kids and you know that they dream of better life and success someday because they pursue their education. It's fulfilling to help those who help themselves.
It was heartwarming to meet them, they are the sweetest and very respectful, from the kids to the adults. I wish to be able to do this every year. We brought along Sophie to the outreach so she will be enlightened why there are places like Tahanan ng Pagmamahal and for her to learn the concept of sharing and giving even at a young age.
Sorry, I can only share very limited photos, it's the organization's policy.

I know that when doing charity work, never let your right hand know what your left hand is doing but I want to share this with you in case you also want to help. The babies need formula milk, diapers, baby food while the kids need clothes and their daily supply of baon for school. Visit this site if you're interested:  http://bosanchezministries.com/




An out-of-town getaway with friends. Last year we booked a 3D/2N stay in Canyon Cove Nasugbu, Batangas for my birthday this year (by now, you may have figured I'm such a plan ahead freak, from investment to travel). But hey, planning and paying for this trip early gave me the financial leverage to spend my money on good deeds this year. More of that trip in my next post.

view from our room

Thanks to all my family, friends, colleagues who texted, called and flooded my FB timeline with warm greetings and special thoughts :) Another pleasant surprises were the adorable birthday greetings from unexpected people. I'm simply overwhelmed. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails