Today is Tuesday and I want to share a breakfast recipe for you. I'm tempted to title this as Paella Janaki (as my husband coined it) but I will just name it something less tacky :)
Weekend Breakfast Skillet
4-5 cups left over rice
1 can Swanson chicken broth
2 chinese or spanish chorizos, cubed
4 slices luncheon meat or sausage, cooked ahead of time
2-3 medium-sized eggs
1 small carrot, sliced thinly
1 onion, coarsely chopped
1 tsp. chopped garlic
1 bell pepper, cut into strips
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp. oil
How this is done:
- Saute garlic and onion in oil. Add in chorizos, carrots and saute until half cooked. Chorizos (or sausage) add distinct flavor to the dish. You can use a either spanish or chinese version.
- Add bell pepper, leave some strips for topping. Add in rice and mix well. Pour the broth, sprinkle salt and pepper to taste and mix some more.
- Bring the fire to a small flame so as not to burn the bottom part. Level the rice on the skillet and make indentation for the eggs. The number of dents will depend on how many eggs you want to put. Make sure the dents are deep enough to keep egg white stay within the dents. Carefully put egg on each dent.
- Place the meat or sausage in between the eggs. Add bell pepper and carrots on top and cover. Cook slowly until the egss are done.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.