Thursday, November 7, 2013

Recipe Share: Asian Pork Belly

Here's another recipe share for y'all. Something I put together one day when I ran out of ingredients and left with only pork belly in the freezer. 

I call this recipe Asian pork belly. 

Basically just mix in a pan of water 
1 tsp. sesame oil
1-2 tbsps. sugar (depends on how sweet you want it to be) 
2 tbsp. oyster sauce
1 tbsp. soy sauce
coarsely chopped garlic and onions
a little salt and a generous amount of whole peppers. 

You can also add bay leaves and/or drops of lemon for more flavor. 

Just put your pork belly (1/2- 3/4 k. for the measurement above) in the water with the spices and sauces and boil until soft and tender. 

Garnish with fresh basil leaves (because that's what I can find in the garden at that time but it works). 


My family especially my husband enjoys this dish saying it tastes like his aunt's(+) cooking minus the wine added to cooking. That's a super compliment knowing his aunt was the best cook in their family. Awww! Husby really knows the right words to say :)

Enjoy easy cooking! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails