This is my first post for 2013 and I decided it’s gonna be all on a positive note.
Para bongga ang bagong
We are on day 3 of the new year and looking back at that eventful 2012, there are just so much to be thankful for. Of course, there were bits of lows but last year was so full of highs that it upstaged the lows. Here are a few niceties I’m grateful for:
- My family’s good health and kids’ milestones:
- Though it costed me big bucks for his Christmas present, I’m happy that Sam stood up to my challenge and can now write his name. So proud of this little boy.
- Sophie is considered by her teacher as one of the advanced readers in class and I couldn’t be happier. We are excited on her next adventure to grade school.
- Both kids are in their pink of health. God is good.
always be hubby, the love of my life and BFF. I pray we continue to nurture a
blissful married life and family.
|by now, Sam can already write his whole name :)|
- For the opportunities to go places - some were planned, some were totally spontaneous and they were all wonderful experiences. Nothing beats gaining new insights and knowledge from traveling. Kids love telling and retelling their travel experiences to family and friends.
I have new stars on my map. I hope I can explore more of Mindanao in the coming years. They say Samal beaches rock.
- Career High - the past year was such a test of my perseverance and commitment to my work. At some point it made me question if this is still the career for me. I’m glad God’s guidance is always there and my discernment got the best of me. I decided to stay on and do what I do best. When I got this present for Christmas from one of my staff and text messages of thank you from the others, it hit right on the spot and made me teary-eyed (sappy me). It just made me want to go on.
- This blog – new friends, a lot of room for my thoughts (sorry for those random, senseless rants sometimes) – just some of the things that I love about blogging. I’m ever so thankful for blog friends old and new to whom I can exchange opinions and tips. I hope for 2013 I get to meet more kindred souls here and able to finally say yes to those blog event invites. haha!
- Unexpected blessings - seriously, I don’t know how many balikbayan boxes and gifts from friends arrived on our doorstep this year. New bags, watches, my now fave Vera Wang jeans, designer shoes and clothes. ALL LOVE. Although it doesn’t give me any more excuse to go shopping every week, these gifts are most welcome in our household. LOL! Don’t you just love unexpected blessing? J
I’m sure you all have something to be thankful, no matter how challenging last year was. What’s your ultimate high in 2012?
Happy 2013 everyone! We’re still in existence despite the Maryan calendar prediction J My 11-year old nephew said he doesn’t want for the end of the world to come yet because he still wants to experience being an adult… but that’s just him.
I hope the year of the snake gives us more swerte and less headache and heartache (literally and figuratively). Stay healthy, happy and connected! J