Monday, April 22, 2013

RA 9845 or Anti Red Tape Act of 2007

The week that my dad was in the hospital, my brother and I had to go to the city hall in Pasay City and got documents for his health care benefits. 

Honestly, there are so much more the city needs to mprove on in so many aspects but I am proud to say it has gone a long way after its change of governance and I can't be happier. It even now offers free health care program to city residents who are senior citizens, like my dad. 

Another indicator that the city has improved is that the city hall now looks better from my last visit in 2004. So much better I was able to use their bathroom without hesitation. 

One important indicator that this city is serious about getting out of the dump (if you've seen this place 15 or 20 years ago you'll know what I mean) is this: copy of the Republic Act (RA) 9485 or the Anti Red Tape Act of 2007 posted at the entrance of the Mayor's office with specific emphasis on NO LUNCH BREAK. In case you're interested, here's a link I found about RA9485: http://www.lawphil.net/statutes/repacts/ra2007/ra_9485_2007.html

When I read through the RA, it's stated under SEC.8e
SEC. 8
(e) Adoption of Working Schedules to Serve Clients - Heads of offices and agencies which render frontline services shall adopt appropriate working schedules to ensure that all clients who are within their premises prior to the end of official working hours are attended to and served even during lunch break and after regular working hours.



I hope this is the start of better government service for us. It's frustrating when you have to take a leave from work and because of the bereaucratic red tape, spend almost all day in a government agency to process a document or get a license (arrgghh!). I better bring a copy of this next time I visit a givernment office.

P.S. : this is a very approriate post for #dapattama #malingmali. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails