Sweet and Saucy Chicken Wings
1. ½ k. chicken wings, seasoned with salt and pepper
2. 200 g. Del Monte Tomato Sauce Filipino Style (I prefer the Filipino Style so I wont have to add so much sugar to sweeten the mixture)
3. 2 tbsp. brown sugar
4. 1 tsp. paprika ( you can add more for extra spice)
5. 2 tsp. hot sauce
6. 1 tbsp. oregano
7. 2 tbsp. soy sauce
8. 2 tbsp. butter
9. cooking oil for frying chicken
What to do:
- Preheat oven toaster
- Lightly season chicken wings with salt and pepper and fry until cooked.
- In a separate bowl, combine ingredients 2 to 7 and mix until sugar is dissolved.
- Once chicken is cooked, place chicken wings on a paper towel or strainer to drain excess oil.
- Coat chicken in sauce mixture and line up on a toaster plate. Put a slice of butter on top of each chicken wing and finish off in the oven for less than 5 minutes. Enjoy!
|chicken swimming in sauce and butter :0|
This is actually my attempt to make buffalo wings. My critique is husband (I think he's the lamest critique there is because he loves anything I make).
Me: How is it? Okay ba?
Me: Parang buffalo wings?
Husband: No. Parang Bonchon (referring to the new Korean chicken resto that's a craze now)
I'm slightly disappointed but happy na rin knowing that Bonchon chicken is a hit all over town nowadays and my recipe is close to what they make. I haven't tried Bonchon yet but husband and I are planning to have dinner there this week. Until then, I'll have to content myself with the thought that my husband loves it and requests for it every weekend.
'Til my next recipe adventure! :)