Thursday, September 8, 2011

What Passion Means for Me

This past two weeks have been a total whirlpool of events for me at work (and at home). Thus, the rarity of blog posts recently.
In a nutshell, I'm attending emergency meetings and internal meetings left and right because of this very major project we need to launch asap. This one is really a challenge in a big scale.

And you know how I feel right now?

 I'm soooo excited and revved up for it! Let's get it on, I say! I can't wait to get through the concept and study phases and start with the actual leg work. I know it will not be an easy feat for the team and easy is such an understatement. Part of the challenge is to make everyone get into the boat as enthusiastic and excited as I am. I'm seeing a very beautiful rainbow after the journey through deep waters and thunderstorms. And do you know what's at the end of every rainbow? :) I just need to make sure everyone stays safely on the boat throughout this hell raising trip. Isn't that exciting?

This morning during breakfast, I realized that my love and passion for my career is and will always be that flame that will never die. If I stop doing what I'm passionate for, then that's probably the time I'll start to die. I'll probably stop when I'm old enough, in a catheter and rheumatic and can't to get up from bed in the morning and go to work.

With that, I leave you with quotes from two great people. Their words reflect so much of how I feel about my work. I'm off to another meeting in 10 minutes :)


"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. "
Martin Luther King, Jr. 


"You've got to follow your passion.  You've got to figure out what it is you love--who you really are.  And have the courage to do that.  I believe that the only courage anybody ever needs is the courage to follow your own dream." - Oprah Winfrey



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails