Monday, September 13, 2010

Friday is Date Night



Friday being a holiday, my husband and I grabbed the opportunity to spend couple time. We first went to Trinoma to see if Despicable Me is showing. It is but in 3D and were not really willing to shell out P600 for a movie and we're not interested in any other movies so we decided to transfer to SM North. Wrong move to go out for a movie without first checking the mall's website or Clickthecity.com for movie schedules :(Anyways, finally got to SM North and we immediately made our way to the ticket line. Got seats for the 650pm movie. It was a little past 5pm and we still have an hour to buy gifts for the birthday parties we're attending Saturday.


After movie, we decided to grab a bite. That was around 830pm and, truth is were not really that hungry yet. I think it was the iced latte and iced mocha we ordered from Sebastian's that made us full. We decided to try this diner/take out  The Great British Take Out beside KOCC that serves fish and chips,etc. I ordered Power wings and chips while Stephen got himself a sandwich. We got an extra order of shaggy fish and chips as extra order. The food was okay, reasonably priced. Good thing we're not really starving plus because we were in for a food adventure that night, we are open to any taste experience. But I warn you, this is not a place for the starving because of the serving size. Also, for the Pinoy who have a penchant for tasty (as in malinamnam at malasang pagkain), they may not appreciate Great British Take out.

On the way home, we had time to talk about the movie and our verdict: again, it was an Okay movie. It was entertaining but I guess I had higher hopes for this one since it became numero uno in the States. The thing is, I think it lacks in terms of character development and build up. Aside from Gru and the kids, the other characters weren't given so much depth that they can be forgettable. Sayang because, for once, there's an animated movie that focused on the bad guys, the villains. The ugly, ruthless and diabolic characters that are pain in the ass for our heroes and fave characters. Compared to Mushu and Cricket of Mulan or Abu of Aladdin who are totally unforgettable (and lovable) support characters, the minions and the scientist were just there. Even Vector/Victor is nothing special anymore. I've seen the likes of him in Dexter's Lab or any other Disney animation. Could it be that because I'm an avid fan of CG movies, cartoons,animated series that I think I've seen them all? But hey, I watch Toy Story 1 and 2, Mulan 1 and 2, Monsters Inc. and even Little Mermaid over and over again with Sophie but they never fail to amaze and amuse me. Anyhoo, I still love Steve Carell and I think he did justice to the character Gru and the accent was impeccable. Gru was despicable but adorable at the same time. :)

Mushu in a scene I remember so well : he was feeding Mulan before the big training.





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails