Monday, October 4, 2010

I Run for Me...

and all the other men and women out there who could be a breast cancer victim...because anyone can succumb to this disease. Because I have an aunt who died of breast cancer and cancer (of some other form) definitely runs in my family, my husband's family, my friend's family. I hope that someday, somehow, cancer will be as curable as Tuberculosis now. That someday, people can easily go to the drugstore and buy medicine for cancer and will not have to go through choosing chemotherapy or slow death because there really isn't an option there, isn't it? I hope that someday there will be medicine for cancer that really cures. I hope that if I will not be here to witness that, my children and grandchildren will be able to witness the dawning of a better cure for cancer. I run because there is hope in the future that all of us need to work on today.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails