- 200 g All purpose flour
- 70 g Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 200 g Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 180 g Unsalted butter, slightly softened and cut into smaller pieces
- 3 tbsp Whole milk
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt and baking soda in the bowl of food processor and pulse to mix thoroughly. Add in butter, milk and vanilla extract and process until the mixture clumps around the blade or the sides of the bowl.
- Place the mixture on the work surface and form into a log about 14 inches/35 cm long. Wrap the log in wax paper or foil and refrigerate until firm, at least one hour, or overnight.
- Position the racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Cut the log of dough into slices a 1/8 inch/3 mm thick and place them 1 inch/2.4 cm apart on the lined sheets (cookies will spread). Sprinkle the top lightly with granulated sugar if desired.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the the cookies puff up Remove from oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. These cookies may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
I used brown sugar and Deutche cocoa powder.
clumpy mixture; by this point it's almost done with the mixer
it can get really firm after just an hour of refrigeration
The end result. Instant hit! Taste sooo good I swear! Umakyat lang ako ng kwarto, pagbaba ko ubos na. I think next time I have to slice the log a little thinner (to make it crispier and to produce more wafers).
Thanks to Angie's Recipe and Smittenkitchen for sharing these recipe.