Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Road Towards Total Diaper Weaning

Last night was the second night that Sam went off diapers and I'm happy to say that our bed (since we co-sleep) still smells 'normal' and no wee wee stain yet. We started to take him off his daytime diaper before his 2nd birthday. Now that he is 2 yrs and 3 months, I feel he's ready since sometimes he just won't take a pee with his diaper on. 
For the past nights, he woke up in the middle of the night and asked mommy to accompany him to the bathroom or potty trainer. He still prefers the bathroom, though, so that means longer trip from the bed for us. Nevertheless, I'm so proud of my little boy! :) Hindi ko pa kailangan magpalit ng kama. Malapit ko na ring i-scratch ang diaper sa aking weekly budget. Yay! 
Ok, so not so Yay. 
Imagine me waking up in the middle of the night once or twice to get him to the bathroom or potty trainer. Kumusta naman ang eyebags ko ngayon? Then I have to be up again by 6am to get ready for work. Hilong talilong sa umaga :( Promise, babawi talaga ako ng tulog sa weekend!
I hope his diaper weaning will be a total success. This is such a happy thought for me :)

4 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I am sure it'll work out great....it sounds to me that he's on his way already.

My Thursday Themesong Post: Mem'ries Hope you're having a glorious day.

janakidiary said...

Thanks Hootin' Anni. 7th night last night and counting :)

Spanish Pinay said...

Congratulations to your toddler! He's a champion ;-) Sana ganyan din ang aking little one. She's still too young to be expected from being completely potty trained though but 2 years and 3 months is a very, very good age for being completely potty trained!

I'm sure soon, he won't even wake up in the middle of the night coz he'll get more control na until he finally wakes up in the morning.

Hey, thanks for dropping by my blog. I really, really appreciate it. Now, I have another mommy blog to stalk ;-)

Spanish Pinay

janakidiary said...

thanks Spanish Pinay! His sister started earlier, at age 2 but as they say, children are unique from each other.
I'm stalking you back :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails